SCM

Sunday, August 24, 2014

24 Agustus 2014

Kelas Balita
Coach Dewi
Asst 1 : Felicia
Asst 2 : Tasya

Kelas 1 - 3
Coaches : Sianty & Andy

Kelas 4 - 6
Coaches : Yungcien (Asst. Dedy)


I AM: Review

1. HOOK

2. LESSON: Jesus is the I AM

clip_image001
Intro
  • Over the past 2 months, we’ve been going through a series on the “I AMs”. That’s how Jesus introduced Himself to those around Him. What is so important about learning the “I AMs”?

A) I AM is God’s Name

  • When God spoke to Moses at the burning bush, Moses asked, “If the Israelites in Egypt ask me what your name is, what should I tell them?” God answered, “I AM the I AM.”
  • God’s name is “I AM”.Present tense: God of today, now, everyday.Definite: Not “I may be” or “I could be” or “I should be”.
  • When Jesus used “I AM”, He was using God’s name as His own. He was telling people that He IS God.

B) I AM: Tells us who Jesus is

  • When Jesus came to earth, He told his disciples and those around Him who He was through various pictures. As we learn more and more about who Jesus is, we realise that He is everything we ever need in life.

What have we learned so far? (keep it simple and just focus on key words so kids can remember)
Jesus said:
  • I AM the Bread of Life
  • I AM the Light of the World
  • I AM the Door (we didn’t study this but included coz it’s one of the I AMs)
  • I AM the Good Shepherd
  • I AM the Resurrection and the Life
  • I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life
  • I AM the True Vine


I AM the Bread of Life

clip_image001[7]
  • John 6:35 Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
  • Jesus’ body was broken for us. When we believe in Jesus, He fills us up. He is all we need and we don’t need to look for satisfaction elsewhere in the world.

I AM the Light of the World

clip_image001[9]
  • John 8:12 “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
  • When we have Jesus, His light shows us the way to go. We don’t have to fall and stumble in the darkness.

I AM the Good Shepherd

clip_image001[11]
  • John 10:11“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
  • Jesus laid down His life for me. He died to pay for my sins.

I AM the Resurrection and the Life

clip_image002[4]
  • John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
  • When did Jesus say this? Before He raised Lazarus from the dead
  • Lazarus was dead physically and raised to life. We were all dead spiritually (in our sins), and when we believe in Jesus, He gives us new eternal life!

I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

image_thumb[4]
  • John 14:6 Jesus said, “I AM the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
  • Jesus opened the way for us to the Father.

I AM the True Vine

clip_image001[13]
  • John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
  • When we stay connected to Jesus, His life and power flows through us and bears good fruit! E.g. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, self-control etc.

SummaryI AM Review

Because of Jesus, the I AM …
  • I AM the Bread of Life: We will never be hungry
  • I AM the Light of the World: We will have the light of life
  • I AM the Good Shepherd: He lays down his life for me
  • I AM the Resurrection and the Life: We have eternal life
  • I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life: We can come to the Father
  • I AM the True Vine: We can bear much fruit
When we have Jesus, we have ALL we need!


3. ACTIVITY SUGGESTIONS

IMG_2594
  • Word Search
  • Crossword
  • Game: I AMs of Jesus (similar to Duck, duck, goose)
    Kids sit in a circle. One goes on the outside and taps the heads of his friends (lightly) while saying one of the I AMs — 1 tap per syllable. E.g. “I-AM-the-Bread-of-Life” (5 taps); “I-AM-the-Re-ssu-rec-tion-and-the-Life” (10 taps). The last person tapped has to get up and chase the tapper round the circle and try to catch him before the tapper sits down in his space.
  • Charades
    Kids are divided into 2 teams. Each team sends a representative to act out one of the “I AMs”. The younger kids have to guess which “I AM” it is, while the older kids have to give the lesson learnt.
Resource : TNCC

No comments:

Post a Comment